Review: New Maybelline Color Sensational BOLD MATTE and NEO NUDE Lipstick


I don't usually do this, but this is a makeup review. Bye boys.
I was waiting for my dad to cut his hair after a long day at work, and so I went into Watsons, the only place in our friendly neighbourhood mall I knew I could spend ages in without being bored. That's when I came across this:
Which side r u: are you hot or are you hot?

I wasn't convinced. Most of my lipsticks are assorted brands such as Mac, Laura mercier, Bobbi Brown, Stila and some nyx. I also have a Dior (xox Mic) and Nars. I have about two or three drugstore lipsticks, and i very rarely use them, because

1. Most drugstore lipsticks look cheap. Not the packaging, but the colours. They come in bright, sparkly, candy colours that look and feel all sorts of unnatural
2 . They don't go on smoothly, and show up every single chap or peel on your lips
3. Ok mainly cos the colours are damn gross

So in my usual fashion, I took the warmest colour of each (blush beige from NEONUDE) (sugared pink and Cheeky Coral from BOLDMATTE-NEVER FLAT!!!) and creamed some onto my hand. And I was impressed.
The colours were

1. Properly warm. Not the usual blatant I'M A WARM LIPSTICK LOOK AT ME IM A FIERY RED BITCHES LOVE FIERY RED. LOOK I EVEN HAVE SPARKLES. They were subtly warm, could be mistaken for a neutral if you were a warm skintone-

OKAY SIDETRACK if I'm confusing you with the warm and cold shit i keep saying,

I believe that only neutral to WARM colours (i.e. colours with a bit more orange or brown) work on WARM (tan, yellow, orangey) skintones.

cold blue on warm=no.
warm blue on warm/neutral=all sorts of yes
I believe that neutral to COLD colours (i.e. colours with a bit more blue and pearl) work on COOL (fair, white) skintones.


Neutral skin tones can work both, but it should be a little more muted. I.e. a neutral can rock a warm tone but not a SUPER WARM tone like a 'pure warm' person can. 

(this is just my own guideline. Hot people break it all the time and look awesome.)


geez this one rly idk how she does it

 AIYAH IDK ALR LA IT'S JUST MY RULE OK

It goes without saying I ain't no snow white. 
this is me in really good lighting but you see I am completely brown

                                

So I don't do cool tones. Ever. I look stupid in Mac's Angel (Kim Kardashian is wearing it up there^), their #1 bestselling lipstick colour. 
When I was supposed to look suicidal for my scene in The Pupil, they used Mac's 'honeylove' on me, which is supposed to be one of their best nudes, but made me look, well, suicidal.

You will also never catch me in frosty blue eyeshadow unless I'm cameo-ing for The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones. Or if an unusual turn of events sees me growing a cm or two and becoming an SIA stewardess or smth. Someone needs to explain the concept of neutral and cool tones to them pronto.


</SIDETRACK>
2. Smooth and creamy, without any stupid pearly sheen or white sparkles. The MATTE wasn't totally MATTE, but it was pretty BOLD, unlike the usual halfhearted sheer textures that drugstore lipsticks offer. The NUDE was an amazing MLBB colour that had that 'am i wearing lipstick? I'm totally not. Shit now I can't eat' feel to it.
3. Only $17.90 $13.40! Some introductory offer. Bitches love introductory offers.
4. It totally felt like a mac ($28) or even a Laura Mercier ($30?) 
5. The only thing is that it does highlight every other flake on your lip, but this could be because I had rubbed my lips so hard in my indecisiveness between CHEEKY CORAL and SUGAR PINK or whatever. But this can usually be solved with lip balm, and it wasn't that obvious anyway.
Ok well pics or it didn't happen
please excuse the greasy toilet mug shots, it was at the end of a long work day


Neo Nude in Blush Beige


close-up. It's pretty glossy and moisturise-y looking

 actually i think this would work on most skin tones. It's relatively neutral, but a little to the warm side. Makes me look quite si(1) wen(2) lol
Bold Matte in Cheeky Coral

 This may look a little clownish on cool toned girls. But I read somewhere that orange lipstick never goes out of fashion or something. Idk I don't own any orange lipsticks so here we go

I legit didn't know my face could do this either


 I am also wearing Urban Decay's 24 hour eyeliner in some risque-ly named dark brown and Mac 'Sunbasque' bronzer.

So my verdict is like, kinda 10/10 for a drugstore lipstick? Rly quite rare to find colours these good in a drugstore. So.
Ok awkward end to the post
Ok lemme know if you wanna see more posts like that I guess

Comments

  1. LOVE THIS best make up review EVER do more please #dontstop #believing
    your chin damn sharp leh love it keep going

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG mic hahahhaha #loveyou #yaymic #idonextonejsutforyou haha my chin sharp from front only la. :-*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts