random bout of views yesterday
Huh. I had a random bout of views yesterday, it's strange because I don't advertise this blog on social media anymore (and let's be real, there are WAY more interesting blogs you could be reading than this one) (plus I don't think I'm really on Google like, if you googled 'caraphernalia' it says 'did you mean CARAPHERNELIA'? and it autocorrects you. Even if it doesn't, my blog still doesn't come up on mine.)
but that being said, thanks! I like having readers that don't know me because I feel like I won't really be judged. you know how you don't like adding your relatives on FB? Yeah.
Random –
you know how myers briggs tests are real big right now (at least on thoughtcatalog)? Yeah. I've taken that test at least 10 times... sometimes I get consistently the same result (ENFP, INFP) but yesterday I got a different result (ISTP) and I looked it up and holy shit.
I don't know why I've never given the same considerations to this type (it seemed boring) but I think that's what I very well may be.
The biggest issue ISTPs are likely to face is that they often act too soon, taking for granted their permissive nature and assuming that others are the same. They'll be the first to tell an insensitive joke, get overly involved in someone else's project, roughhouse and play around, or suddenly change their plans because something more interesting came up.
-
ah damn. Caught in the act. Haha I think many of the so-called 'characteristics' of an ISTP do apply to me. However, when I looked at the ISTP subreddit, i found many of them to be full of lonely, emotionless people. And I don't think that's me.
-
When it comes to romantic relationships with ISTPs, it's a bit like nailing Jell-O to a tree. Dating ISTP personalities is a tango, complex and interesting, with alternating coldness and detachment, and passion, spontaneity and enjoyment of the moment. Nothing can be forced in ISTP relationships, but so long as they are given the space they need to be themselves, they will gladly enjoy the comforts of a steady partner for a lifetime.
-
THIS. I CAN'T EVEN - THIS.
-
This applies in a broader sense in ISTPs' relationships as well. Any attempts to push understood arrangements, even the relationships themselves, into open discussion in order to secure commitment, especially early on, are often met by ISTPs with something close to panic. Nothing is so acutely terrifying to ISTPs as knowing that there's no way out. Every day is a new day, and ISTPs review their obligations from moment to moment.
-
yup. I just want to do my thing, really.
Well. That's that. I feel like I have a lot of ENFJ, ISFJ, INFJ and INFP friends. I've literally never met another ISTP. Or maybe I have, but I didn't get close enough to grill them on their myers briggs type.
Whatever.
I should probably get back to my philosophy assignment now...
but that being said, thanks! I like having readers that don't know me because I feel like I won't really be judged. you know how you don't like adding your relatives on FB? Yeah.
Random –
you know how myers briggs tests are real big right now (at least on thoughtcatalog)? Yeah. I've taken that test at least 10 times... sometimes I get consistently the same result (ENFP, INFP) but yesterday I got a different result (ISTP) and I looked it up and holy shit.
I don't know why I've never given the same considerations to this type (it seemed boring) but I think that's what I very well may be.
Dare to Differ
While their mechanical tendencies can make them appear simple at a glance, ISTPs are actually quite enigmatic. Friendly but very private, calm but suddenly spontaneous, extremely curious but unable to stay focused on formal studies, ISTP personalities can be a challenge to predict, even by their friends and loved ones. ISTPs can seem very loyal and steady for a while, but they tend to build up a store of impulsive energy that explodes without warning, taking their interests in bold new directions.The biggest issue ISTPs are likely to face is that they often act too soon, taking for granted their permissive nature and assuming that others are the same. They'll be the first to tell an insensitive joke, get overly involved in someone else's project, roughhouse and play around, or suddenly change their plans because something more interesting came up.
-
ah damn. Caught in the act. Haha I think many of the so-called 'characteristics' of an ISTP do apply to me. However, when I looked at the ISTP subreddit, i found many of them to be full of lonely, emotionless people. And I don't think that's me.
-
When it comes to romantic relationships with ISTPs, it's a bit like nailing Jell-O to a tree. Dating ISTP personalities is a tango, complex and interesting, with alternating coldness and detachment, and passion, spontaneity and enjoyment of the moment. Nothing can be forced in ISTP relationships, but so long as they are given the space they need to be themselves, they will gladly enjoy the comforts of a steady partner for a lifetime.
-
THIS. I CAN'T EVEN - THIS.
-
This applies in a broader sense in ISTPs' relationships as well. Any attempts to push understood arrangements, even the relationships themselves, into open discussion in order to secure commitment, especially early on, are often met by ISTPs with something close to panic. Nothing is so acutely terrifying to ISTPs as knowing that there's no way out. Every day is a new day, and ISTPs review their obligations from moment to moment.
-
yup. I just want to do my thing, really.
Well. That's that. I feel like I have a lot of ENFJ, ISFJ, INFJ and INFP friends. I've literally never met another ISTP. Or maybe I have, but I didn't get close enough to grill them on their myers briggs type.
Whatever.
I should probably get back to my philosophy assignment now...


Comments
Post a Comment