Going DIY blonde when you're asian and broke// Scwhwarzkopf NORDIC blonde dye review



I am blonde now!

Yes I know - my battery is dying and our shoes are everywhere.

 I was just going to dye my hair just a little lighter (i.e. medium ash brown) but *someone* convinced me to double bleach it and because I am easily influenced and have always kind of admired Daul Kim:

(she was an up and coming 'super' model booking all these covers and shows, she had a blog called 'iliketoforkmyself' with all these confessions of feeling ... she offed herself in the end, tragically.)
(I suppose I need better role models.)

My box says '9 levels of lift'. Meaning it lightens your hair by 9 shades. It is some strong ass hair burning colour stripping shit.

You need to use 2 boxes.

Now let me warn you - if you have naturally dark hair / you are Asian AND you have naturally dark dark hair, your hair WILL turn bright orange/ yellow. Do not be alarmed. There is no other outcome.

With which you will have to 'tone' it.

Toning blonde hair = removing orangey/brassy and yellowish tones from the hair.

To do this I used one comb-dip (maybe one fifth of a teaspoon) of:









(but you can use any conditioner without colour)

(google: how to tone blonde hair at home.)

I am a cheap ass college student I can't afford to blow $400 on a salon visit.

But sidetrack - don't you just love having your hair touched by whoever's cutting/colouring it. You feel like they don't know how good it's making you feel but you're just grateful it's just happening. They're like hair masseurs. Just thinking about it is making me feel calm and soothed.

I wonder if people have fallen in love that way.

ANYWAY...

I mixed this in a designated dyeing bowl and I put it all over my yellow, brassy hair, left it on for about 40 minutes. The blue counteracts the yellow, supposedly (refer to the colour wheel A.K.A did you pay attention in art class?) and it turns it a nice white-ish golden. Or in my case, a caramel blonde with patches of platinum.

You know how people don't smile on red carpets and it looks kinda good?

edit: I realised this is called RESTING BITCH FACE.

Where they look almost doll like, expressionless, but you can see their features quite clearly? 

Or they smile but it doesn't touch their eyes but that's ok because then you can see their eyes at its 'true size'?

Here's some of me: 


so expressionless.

Taken while walking on the street, so I'm trying not to look like I'm posing for a selfie.

 RANDOM LAST PICTURE OF THE POST: I've been doing some painting recently (re. putting colour in random order on paper for fun with a brush) and I kind of like these brush stroke 3D effects.

PEACE.



Comments

Popular Posts