Today I went to Fitzroy

the arty district of Melbourne.


(source: https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2507/4154602013_dd64412fb3_o_d.jpg)

I sat at a cafe, I thrift shopped, I became a hipster for a bit and it felt so good.
 I had lunch there at a cafe that caught my eye (because it åhad good music, wasn't too dark, and was not crowded. Solo diners galore.)

Wrote in my journal because what's better than holding an internal dialogue with yourself while dining by yourself?

Exploring Fitzroy / Brunswick                                                                      30 Nov

initial impressions: exploring alone in a new place can be a little intimidating at first, especially if you look a little different... you're aware of it... But there are many Asians in Melbourne so they are relatively accustomed to my peoples. I have not lost my voice, as I thought I would, I speak to the server in vernacular they understand, on automatic: "yeah!" "how much are they?" "I'll have this one, thank you." "I'm fine, how are you?" always with a toothy smile.

Working as a sales staff myself helps. I'm wearing my self splattered acrylic covered colourful t-shirt, black jeans and a pair of black leather boots, and I feel pretty confident walking around alone like so. I just took picture of my food which made me feel like a tourist once again.



Or maybe I'm taking the picture for an article? Either way the people here don't really care. They probably think I'm an arty student in the art district of Melbourne writing bad cursive into my journal and that's cool with them.

I wonder if you could tire quickly of a lifestyle such as this. All the appeareances you have to keep up to look 'fresh', and 'artsy' enough to your peers and social circles... seems so tiring. But it is a constant newness, novelty, searching for the sense of the new and 'original', the discovery must be pretty stimulating...Maybe most artists have professional ADHD.

(wrote some personal crap here like how you shouldn't fall in love with your friends who have similar interests with you and a soul whole on its own, blablabla.)

love,
coolstorycara.

-

two pictures I took while 'popping tags' at the thrift store:
(wanted to send to friends to help me decide.)


 $15 skirt that is guaranteed to match the curtains and thrift shop decor!! I didn't get it. I liked other items better.




 BADASS PURPLE 'SNAKESKIN' JACKET that was too big for me unfortunately but $25 and it felt gooood. It reminded me of Nicholas Cage's character 'Sailor' from 'Wild At Heart' by David Lynch:


Sailor: 'Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?'

he says this like 5 times during the movie. I loved it.

Well, that's it for now. I had work at the yogurt shop after and I killed a little cockroach with my broom while sweeping the floor. My boss looked impressed but told me I shouldn't do that 'in front of my BF' because guys always prefer when girls go 'ahhhhhhh' and squeal... letting them kill it. I was like, I don't like that kind of guy anyway...

Comments

Popular Posts